Water and Sewer Technician – POSTED 11/17/2020
The City of Hoschton is accepting applications for a full time water and sewer technician.
The following duties are required:
- Basic repair and maintenance of sewer collection lines, water distribution system, and wastewater treatment plant.
- Adjust, raise and clean-out manholes.
- Installs and monitors consumer water meters.
- Turn water services on and off as required, post non-payment notices.
- Locate water meters, mains and service lines.
- Preforms routine inspection and preventive maintenance on equipment and reports defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Clean restrooms, offices, city vehicles, shop, and work areas.
- Wash down and maintain equipment for proper operations.
- Preform basic plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Operates light to medium sized construction equipment, power equipment such as mini excavator, and tractor with bush hog and loader.
- Knowledge of general hand tools.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Strong detail-oriented.
- State of Georgia water distribution and/or collection licenses or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment.
The City of Hoschton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.